College Preparations

As we get closer to the end of the first semester, the 2021 seniors start to think about their lives after highschool. Whether you decide to go to a university, trade school, or go straight to work, highschool doesn’t last forever; you need to think about what happens after.

Many students who are going to a 2 or 4 year university don’t realize how many scholarships they are eligible for. The Findlay High School website has a spreadsheet full of scholarships ranging from $500 to $25,000.

While many of them have requirements, you can almost always find one that fits your needs. Many other websites such as Fastwebcom and scholarships.com offer a free service to find and apply for scholarships.

As of August 2020, FAFSA provided 13 million students with over $150 billion for college aid. Financial aid is something that many high school seniors will apply for. Almost all students who apply for FAFSA get some sort of federal aid, whether it be grants, loans, or work-study.

To start applying to college, you first need to find a school that fits your needs and education goals. If you’re looking for a school with a huge, beautiful campus, The Ohio State University might be a good choice for you. WIth around 200 majors to choose from, they might have one for you.

If you’re looking for a smaller school, but in a city, then The University of Toledo might be for you. They don’t have as many majors to offer, but with 82, they’re sure to have one that fits your needs.

Common App is due November 1 for early action. If you want to gain your spot at your school early, it is a good idea to turn it in then. Regular action is due by January 1. Some universities have varying deadlines, so check their website for more information.