The Student News Site of Findlay High School

Blue & Gold

Breaking News

Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

Color me Walk

May 3, 2024 downtown Findlay will be having their second out of four free color walks this year. In downtown Findlay there are a multitude of different restaurants and shops, on top of that they also offer events to the community such as the art walk.

The event takes place four times a year in February, May, August, and November on the first Friday of the month. It is set to take place from 5-9pm.

As you are walking there will be artists not only on the sidewalks but also in shops and restaurants. Also opening their doors is the Findlay art league, Marathon Arts Center, and the Jones building.

Registration dates wrapped up on the 12th of April for artists wanting to participate. However as previously stated before the event is set to happen another two times this year in August and November.

Select businesses will have up to four events going on throughout the night. The Bakers Cafe will have Reily Cozette who is a mixed media drawing and painting artist. Cafe Amici will have Devin Gallegos and KanDu Friends for acrylic and wood engraving, as well as their open mic night.

If cafes are not your thing Findlay Brewing Company is set up to have not one but two artists throughout the night. Jon Gaberdiel, mixed media collage artist and Sarah Gaberdiel. The FIndlay Wine Merchant will have Jennifer Sowders with MONgallery, acrylics and watercolor.

There are only a handful of artists and businesses participating in this summer’s art walk so, take a visit downtown and support your local artist and businesses.