The Student News Site of Findlay High School

Blue & Gold

Breaking News

Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

Usher Superbowl

Usher+Superbowl

2K singer back for the Super Bowl

Super Bowl 58 is right around the corner, with only a few months left to go until the game everyone seems to wait for every year. The game will be held on February 11, 2024 in Paradise, Nevada. Some may consider the halftime more important than the actual game; and the halftime set artist could not be more ecstatic for his performance in a few months.

Hit singer from the 2000’s, with “Yeah!” and “DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love,” Usher will be showing up for the 2024 game. He has already made plenty of comments on his position, feeling secure in his opportunity. Though, many are surprised by this appearance considering how dated his music feels and really is.

“Usher is out of his time,” sophomore Seth Watkins commented.

This is true, considering Usher went on a three year hiatus that began in 2020. Some of his last more important material is dated back to 2016. He has tried to make a comeback here and there and released a single this year called “Glu,” which may not have made Billboard’s Top 100, but it did manage to hit number one on the Adult R&B chart.

“It’s cool but it’s like having Frank Sinatra in the 80s,” Watkins continued.

Others are left excited for what his performance could bring, being longtime fans of his bigger hits. He has already revealed some of his plans for his performance, wanting to explore human intimacy in his music during his set.

“I’m excited to see what he has in store. This seems promising,” junior Cole Lopez said.

All that is left now is to see how this rolls out. With less than 6 months until the Superbowl, many are left in anticipation. The closer to the date the more will be revealed, plenty will tune in to see if the performance really lives up to the expectations Usher has set.