The Student News Site of Findlay High School

Blue & Gold

Breaking News

Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

Pre Wrestling season

The Findlay high school wrestling team started their 2023-2024 wrestling season 6:30pm at Fremont Ross high school December 7. As it has been said in previous stories and interviews, this is the Findlay High School’s first year of having an all girls team.

“Off season was a great time to slow down and work on technique. I was also able to work on gaining muscle because I didn’t have to worry about my weight,” sophomore Julia Bollenbacher said.

There is a big factor for staying in shape and conditioned is off season work. There are countless things you could work on in the off season such as: Drill Past The Finish, get your mind right, watch wrestling videos, or even just go Back To The Basics.

“As a freshman coming from the middle school in highschool sports you should be alot more focused on helping one another get better and not trying to be the best,” freshman Natalie Winans said.

As the team continues to get better throughout the years, there is always something that they would like to change or make a goal towards, the next year.

“I would have done a lot better if I would’ve joined the team on time. I also feel like confidence was a big problem in my wrestling last year. This year I just need to go out on the mat and do what I know I can do,” sophomore Julia Bollenbacher said.

As a wrestler one thing that is important to tackle is your body. You must stay in shape and continue to eat the right foods.

“I think the best way to prepare for the off season is to make sure you take care of your body like a temple temple and its needs for all the right nutrients and proteins . Also you want to stay in shape,” freshman Natalie Winans said.

The team has done a lot of hard work over the off season and continue to show their Trojan pride. High school is always a bigger step up and a lot of things change.

“All of this work has helped make me a better wrestler and prepare for this year’s season,” sophomore Julia Bollenbacher said.