The Student News Site of Findlay High School

Blue & Gold

Breaking News

Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

Spring sports

This spring, Findlay High School offers softball, baseball, lacrosse, track, and tennis. So far, baseball’s record is 7-5, the softball record is 11-3, boys lacrosse is 4-4, girls lacrosse is 2-4, and boys tennis is 9-5.

Softball is currently having a very good season with a varsity record of 11-3 and playing teams such as Lima Senior, Clay, and Anthony Wayne. They will hopefully be continuing this winning streak throughout the rest of the season.

“I think that the season is going well. Everyone works and tries hard. We all work together and try our best. Yes, our success so far has been pretty good. If we keep doing what we are doing we will get what we want,” freshman Monika Kerwin said.

Boys tennis is having a fantastic season as well. The current record is 9-5 with wins against Toledo Central Catholic, Clay, Sylvania Northview, Whitmer, Fremont Ross, and Napoleon.

“I think we started the season off hot, but the last two matches we’ve dropped a bit, but we will be fine. I still think we will have a good chance at winning the NLL,” junior Sam Swisher said.

Baseball has also been very successful this season. Varsity’s record is 7-5 and JV Blue is 6-6. They have played some pretty difficult teams like Maumee, Clay, Anthony Wayne, Bowling Green, and Perrysburg, but still continue to stay productive and motivated to keep winning.

“The teams have been playing well, but not to the fullest of our ability. There’s still a lot of growing room and the program and coaches are brand new. I think that if we keep playing hard and as a team well continue to win,” freshman Jackson Fleckner said.

Lacrosse is having a decent season. The boys varsity team is currently 4-4. The girls varsity team is at 2-4. Both teams have kept persevering and have been staying active to keep up the good season.

“I think that the season has been going decently. The coaches are really good and with enough work I think we could all improve alot for the end of the season,” sophomore Jaron Clark said.