The Student News Site of Findlay High School

Blue & Gold

Breaking News

Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

Canes & More Approval

On April 28, 2023, The Courier published a story explaining the new release of Raising Canes and gas stations. They also explained how it “may move into the mall”. The idea was still up in the air but recently the city started the project and gave out a little more information about it.

About a month later WFIN made a post on May 11, 2023 stating that the plan was approved. They recently started closing off the area to start the process.

There has not been any updates on when they will be done with the building process, but so many people are excited about it.

“I am super excited for the new Canes to be built. It is one of my favorite fast foods, but it’s hard to get because there isn’t one that is conveniently close,” junior Kaitlyn Victory said.

The closest Raising Canes to Findlay would be the one in Perrysburg which is a 34 minute drive just to get some chicken.

One of the main factors of why it is such a big thing for everyone living in Findlay is because there is not much going on in Findlay, so when new stuff is built it becomes a main focus for a lot of people.

Something that might be a problem for other businesses is that it will be taking all of their business. This can cause other businesses to lose some money in the process.

“I’m not a huge fan of Canes but I know that a lot of people are looking forward to it being built,” junior Lily Frick said.

Not everyone is super excited because it’s not their favorite place to eat. Other than that lots of people are really looking forward to this coming to Findlay.

Not a lot of people are aware of the convenience store that is also being built right next to it, but that should also attract a lot of people.