The Student News Site of Findlay High School

Blue & Gold

Breaking News

Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

iPhone 15

iPhone+15
iPhone 15

Apple has come out with a new series of iPhones; the iPhone 15, iPhone 15 plus, and the iPhone 15 Pro Max. The iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15, the iPhone 15 Pro, and the iPhone Pro Max were released on Friday, September 22, 2023.

“It amazes me how Apple just keeps coming up with new phones, and they always state how advance the camera is each time,” senior Jordon Manchook said.

The iPhone 15 series will be available in five colors: blue, green, pink, black, and yellow. Within the devices, color is infused all through the back glass. The Ceramic Shield cover on the front has shown to be tougher than most smartphone glass. Within this series, it includes a dust and water resistant design.

The devices feature an advanced camera. The camera enables a new 2x Telephoto option, which gives the users three optical zoom levels, and enables super-high resolutions. Users of the devices can take portraits without switching to portrait mode. Users can also change the focus point even after the photo has been taken.

The iPhone 15 series will provide critical safety features which include crash detection and Emergency SOS. All three phones will introduce roadside assistance. The AAA, the biggest roadside assistance provider, can help a user directly and get help to their exact location, even without having Wi-Fi or cellular data available. Roadside assistance will be free for two years, the service would be covered by a AAA membership but can be available for nonmembers separately.

“Even though Apple has made other devices, having this roadside assistance is a really good technique to have in the phone especially if someone’s car has broken down,” sophomore Addison Sanders said.

Users of any device can charge their Apple Watch and Airpods right from their phones with a USB-C connector. All devices use a USB-C connector, allowing the same cord to charge the Air pod pros (second generation), iPhone, Mac, and iPad.