The Student News Site of Findlay High School

Blue & Gold

Breaking News

Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

Escaped killer

Danelo Cavalcante is a convicted murderer who escaped the custody of Chester county prison in Pennsylvania on August 31 and was on the run from the authorities for two weeks was finally caught on Wednesday September 13.

Danelo is a Brazilian national that has been accused of murder in the Brazilian state of Tocantins and was convicted in the state of Pennsylvania for the brutal stabbing of his ex-girlfriend.

When Cavalcante was imprisoned in Chester county prison he was serving a life sentence for stabbing his ex- girlfriend. He escaped by running across the roof and scaling the fence then pushed himself through razor wire

“The fact he was able to escape is bad. What is worse is the fact he was able to evade the police for two weeks” FHS junior Jesse Weekly said.

The following two weeks a massive statewide manhunt ensued. Danelo survived on the run for two weeks during which he broke into several houses to steal food; he also stole watermelon from a few local farms.

The authorities eventually found a van Danelo had stolen behind a farm the same night Danelo broke into yet another home and decided to steal a rifle. The owner of the rifle spotted Danelo and fired several shots but Danelo got away.

“I’m sure it’s been a nightmare for the people in the area. I can’t imagine what it’s like to have someone break into your home” FHS community member Barb Saull said.

On the following wednesday the Drug Enforcement Administration assisted authorities by using one of their planes to detect Danelos heat signature and the plane did eventually find Danelos heat signature only after a storm forced the plane out of the area.

Danelo was found in a small patch of wood in Pottstown Pennsylvania, Border Patrol was also assisting in the capture of Danelo Cavalcante and a border patrol dog named Yoda was dispatched and gave Danelo a minor wound after biting him shortly after this Danelo was apprehended by police and the two week manhunt came to an end.