The Student News Site of Findlay High School

Blue & Gold

Breaking News

Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

Spirit week

On Monday September 11, 2023, Findlay High School released their Homecoming spirit week themes. Some people don’t like some of the new themes, but others are excited for the classics.

Monday’s theme is Merry Monday, Tuesdays is Turn Back The Time Tuesday, Wednesday’s theme is Western Wednesday, Thursday’s theme is The Golden Age, Then of course Friday’s theme is Blue & Gold. “We had the original themes picked out, like we all decided on a set of themes, but when we sent them to the principal they got denied. So then we had to come up with new themes, which was even harder, so this is what we came up with.” Hailey Quint, freshman member of student council said.

People’s favorite theme is “Western Wednesday”. People like this theme because it allows people to dress up in many different accessories. Accessories like cowboy boots, cowboy hats, bandanas, etc.
“I loved it, I thought everyone really showed up for that theme… We haven’t really done it before, as long as I’ve been here, except for football games, so I think it’s fun, we got to do it in school too,” Sophomore Jalyn Dawson said.

Overall the most controversial theme is “The Golden Ages”. This theme can go either way, some people think it’s funny, while others think it’s disrespectful. “I think it’s a good theme with many different ways you can dress up. It’s also really funny.” Junior Addison Kokensparger said. “I think it’s disrespectful to actual senior citizens.” Allison Niederkohr, JV Freshman cheerleader said.

Students enjoy spirit week because it gives them an opportunity to dress-up and have fun. “I think that spirit week is important, both for staff and students, because it encourages school spirit and it also provides a fun and exciting way for staff and students to get involved and engaged with the school,” Mrs. Kristofferson, coach and teacher said.