The Student News Site of Findlay High School

Blue & Gold

Breaking News

Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

Trojan Football Begins

As the school year kicks off, so does Findlay Trojan football! With 84 star-studded players, the team begins their season in the new NLL division.

Trojan football played their much anticipated game of the season on August 18th, against Toledo Central Catholic. With a roaring crowd and loyal student section, Findlay scored two touchdowns through TCC’s defense. Despite hard work and determination from the Trojans, the game ended with a score of 47-14, with Toledo Central Catholic taking the win.

“My favorite part of Friday night football is dressing up and going to the game with my friends!” senior Maddie Hagedorn says.

Week two began with a different attitude of strength and motivation as the Trojans headed to their first road game at Lima Senior High School. The student section was dressed head to toe in their best western attire, with the cheerleaders in decked-out cowboy hats to add to the excitement of the evening. The Trojans defeated Lima Senior with ease, ending the game with a score of 43-0 to raise the Findlay football spirit to new heights.

The following week, Findlay traveled to Sylvania Southview High School, still feeling the excitement of last week’s win. The Trojans have never played Southview before, as they were not a member of the previous division Findlay belonged to. Without knowing what to expect, the Trojans played a phenomenal game that had attendees cheering louder than ever before. Once again, the Trojans finished with a score of 49-14, sweeping for another Findlay win and leaving the community excited for what week four has to offer.

“My favorite game was the Southview game by far, there was such good energy on the field and in the student section,” senior and student section lover Reagan Bruskotter said.