The Student News Site of Findlay High School

Blue & Gold

Breaking News

Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

The Marvels Movie Review

Marvel Movie Poster
Marvel Studios
Marvel Movie Poster

After 32 cinematic Marvel movies, Marvel Studios directors and producers were working on releasing a new PG-13 Marvel movie, The Marvels, on November 10, 2023.

With new director Nia DaCosta, alongside with the previous producer of the films Kevin Feige, the new movie potentially will be making this year’s list of movies of the year.

The last Marvel Studios movie released was Guardians of The Galaxy: Volume 3 on May 5, 2023. This movie received 83% on Rotten Tomatoes.

“I have seen most of the Marvel movies and the majority of them were pretty good,” sophomore Urijah Insley added.

Marvel movies on average are around 2 hours and 12 minutes long, while The Marvels is 1 hour and 45 minutes.

“I feel like the production of the films has gone down a bit since the older ones, the graphics go up but quality of the script/movie itself has gone down,” sophomore Urijah Insley said.

New director Nia DaCosta has directed 5 films in her career, with The Marvels being her 5th, working close by Kevin Feige, who has directed 24 films.

“Out of all the Marvel movies I’ve watched, Spider Man No Way Home starring Zendaya was my favorite,” sophomore Lauren Vanhoose said.

This adventure and action film will star cast members like Brie Larson, Park Seo-joon, Samuel L. Jackson, Iman Vellani, and Teyonah Parris.

“I liked marvel movies much more when I was younger, but I’m glad they starred a woman for the main role in this movie,” sophomore Lauren Vanhoose explained.

The budget for this movie was $219.8 million, with Guardians of The Galaxy: Volume 3 budget being $250 million.

“The movies never really make sense to me, because it seems like there is so much going on. The last movie had a higher budget, and more known actors,” Vanhoose said.

With 5 new movies known to be coming out in 2024, watching The Marvels, either at the AMC theater or streaming on Disney Plus, should be on the bucket list.