The Student News Site of Findlay High School

Blue & Gold

Breaking News

Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

Who really is the top rapper?

Last month Kendrick Lamar dropped a new album called “WE DON’T TRUST YOU”. In the album, on a song called ‘Like that’, Kendrick Lamar disses Drake and J. Cole by saying “Mother- the big three, It’s just big me.” Last year Drake and J. Cole released a song called ‘First Person Shooter’ where they claim that Drake, J. Cole, and Kendrick Lamar were the top 3 rappers. “Love when they argue the hardest MC/ Is it K-dot?/ Is it Aubrey?/Or me?/ We the big three like we started a league.”

“J. Cole was just featured on Future’s album which was kind of fake of J. Cole, because he was supposed to be on Drake’s side, But i’m enjoying these 3 beefing because they all have made a lot of good music out of it,” sophomore Jamie Tate said.

J. Cole was just featured on Future’s new album ‘WE STILL DON’T TRUST YOU’ on a song called “Red Leather” many think Cole was “fake” for featuring on this album because he was “switching teams.”

“I think that Drake is incomparable to other artists, and Drake will always be at the top. Although I am enjoying all the new music,” sophomore Annabelle Barger said.

Trending on social media now is a “leak” of Drake’s diss replying back to Kendrick Lamar as well as a couple of other rappers. The said song is called “Push ups (drop and give me 50)”. In the song Drake responds to Kendrick by saying that Kendrick got replaced by artists like SZA and 21 Savage.

“I think that Kendrick and all of them have been wanting to come at Drake for a while, because Drake has been throwing sneak disses at them his whole career. So, finally, Kendrick decided he was gonna diss back. I think it’s good for the rap game to have some beef, because it will bring out the best in all the rappers involved. I think J. Cole is weird for switching up how he did. But ultimately, I think rap beef is cool and something we haven’t seen in awhile,” sophomore Beck Garmong said.

Overall, everyone can agree the beef between these 3 rappers and more that keep joining in is all very interesting, and all artists are making good music out of this situation. Ultimately, all these rappers are talented and have some beef to pick with one one another.