The Student News Site of Findlay High School

Blue & Gold

Breaking News

Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

How early should Christmas stuff get set out?

Christmas, the most popular holiday, is steadily approaching; however before Thanksgiving was even over, stores were already bombarded with Christmas decorum and songs.

Some people like the extremely early festive atmosphere, but how early is too early to start celebrating Christmas?

Stores like Walmart start putting out all holiday decorum as early as late September. For some, this is a wonderful occurrence and allows people to start enjoying the festivities at their earliest convenience. However, for others, this is a very annoying occurrence that may ruin the festive season for many people.

“By the time Christmas gets here I’m honestly tired and sick of Christmas because of how often I hear Christmas music,” former FHS student Clara Brant said.

The cause of this is due to the fact that some people do not like to celebrate Christmas for two months before the holiday actually arrives.

One of the main drawbacks of the early festivities is the repetition of Christmas music for quite possibly months. Some families also put their trees up incredibly early. One of the biggest selling points of Christmas is that it comes once a year

“When I was a kid my family would have our tree up for a couple months before Christmas then come New years we would burn it” Former FHS student McKenzie Hewit said.

“Don’t get me wrong I love Christmas more than I like Thanksgiving but Thanksgiving is important too,” Former FHS student Clara Brant said.

One of the reasons stores put out all of the holiday stuff early is due to the fact that many people are out shopping for Christmas presents and seasonal decorations as early as August and putting up decorations and playing Christmas songs gets people in the mood to buy and spend money.