The Student News Site of Findlay High School

Blue & Gold

Breaking News

Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

Christmas lights and trees

As snowflakes fall, and the air gets colder, and bundling up in winter coats, is a good time to walk around and drive around looking at all of the wonderful Christmas decor.

Every year, all over Ohio, Christmas lights are out to watch and hang up. Christmas tree farms are around during Christmas as well. There is about a list of 70 Christmas light displays or shows around in Ohio.

In Findlay, The North Pole Express welcomes the community into the holiday season every year. The North Pole Express is open from November 24 to December 30, and will run from 5:30 to 9 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and on Sunday 5:30 to 8:30. Located at the Northwest Ohio Railroad Preservation Inc. 12505 County Road 99, admission is $5 for adults and admission for ages 12 and under is $3.

Kaleidoscope Farm’s is another Christmas tree farm, it is in Mt. Cory. Their products: eight types of wood, trees over 10 feet tall, B&B trees, evergreen roping, wreaths, and refreshments. Their services include: ready to cut trees, tree bags, tree shaking, tree baling, craft and or gift shop and farm tours.

In Fremont, there are two Christmas light displays. At the Sandusky County Courthouse, the Rock and Awe’s holiday light show will be running from Thanksgiving Eve to New years day. There are 25,000 lights that synchronize to music. From Sunday to Thursday it runs from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. and then on Fridays and Saturdays it runs from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. Sandusky County’s Fairgrounds Winter Wonderland is located in Fremont. This Winter Wonderland light display is open from December 8 – December 21, and is open nightly for drive thru from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.

In Kenton, Lake of lights is a display of lights, at Saulisberry Park and will be open 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. this event will last till December 31. There will be 15 new displays added to the show this year. The entry to this light display is $5 per car.

In Sandusky, Lake Erie in Lights will be located at the Erie County Fairgrounds. This light display will be held from November 16 to December 31 and will be open from 5:30 to 8:30, from Thursday to Sunday. There are fun crafts, games, food, and a santa workshop.

In Tiffin, from November 17 to December 23, Seneca County’s Family Fair lights will be on for display. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday the lights will run from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. This is the first year Seneca County’s Family Fair display is part of the Ohio Holiday Lights Trail.

“I’ve gone to the Upper Fantasy of Lights for the past four years, this year they added a few new displays. It still amazes me how many lights they put up, I always ask myself where they put all of the displays all year because there are just so many,” senior Kiersten Cameron said.

Upper Sandusky’s Winter Fantasy of Lights display, a light show across 33 acres of land, will be running from December 1 to December 30, from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Monday through Thursday and then 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Friday through Sunday.

“About every year I try to go to Harrison Smith Park during this time to see the lights. Even though the lights may be around the same each year, I’m always satisfied with the way Upper does their lights,” junior Lanora Belcher said.