The Student News Site of Findlay High School

Blue & Gold

Breaking News

Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

Best Christmas Songs

Christmas songs are an important part of the holiday season. They bring up the spirit and make for a joyful environment. But the important question is: which song is the best?

Based on the charts, the most popular Christmas song is, “All I Want For Christmas Is You” by Mariah Carey, with 19,550,000 record sales, 712 million YouTube views, and 248 million streams. This song holds a special place in many people’s hearts.

“My favorite Christmas song is ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’ because it’s fun and upbeat and everybody will always know it. This song is special to me because it reminds me of the first time every year that I start listening to Christmas songs and celebrating the holiday,” sophomore Bria Frankart said.

Another part of Christmas music is the nostalgia it holds. There will always be that one song that will be remembered for the rest of your life. And every time it’s heard, everyone will think back to when they were kids.

“Most nostalgic song is ‘Last Christmas’ by Wham!,” senior Katy Rubiola said.

“Last Christmas” by Wham! Seems to be loved by many at FHS. “The most nostalgic Christmas song is ‘Last Christmas’ by Wham! Because it reminds me of being a little kid.” freshman Maya Betts said.

It also seems that Justin Beiber had an impact on the Christmas music community. His popular Christmas album “Under The Mistletoe” is loved by many at FHS.

“‘Mistletoe’ by Justin Bieber is the most nostalgic Christmas song,” sophomore Bria Frankart said.

“1000% ‘Drummer Boy’ by Justin Bieber. What other Christmas song has the lyrics ‘Yeah, I’m on the beat ‘cause the beat goes dumb, and I only spit heat ‘cause I’m playing’ for the Son’. That’s just a masterpiece.” senior Katy Rubiola said.

According to Spotify the top 5 Christmas songs are “All I Want For Christmas Is You” by Mariah Carey, “Last Christmas” by Wham!,“Santa Tell Me” by Ariana Grande, “It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas” by Michael Buble and “Mistletoe” by Justin Bieber.

“I think this is a good top 5 list because it incorporates a lot of songs that people love and know,” sophomore Bella Woltz said.

Overall, it seems that the top Christmas songs at FHS are pretty identical to what Spotify’s top Christmas songs are. “All I Want For Christmas Is You” by Mariah Carey, “Last Christmas” by Wham! “Mistletoe” and “Drummer Boy” by Justin Bieber, are the most popular Christmas songs at FHS.