The Student News Site of Findlay High School

Blue & Gold

Breaking News

Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

The “Wish” for original content

Many trailers have come out for a new movie most have heard about now, whether it be on social media or through word, Wish. Though, not necessarily for the best reasons, it is becoming popular.

Disney’s “Wish” is a new movie being released in late November. The film is set to follow Asha, voiced by Ariana DeBose, after she makes a wish so powerful it’s answered by a cosmic force. She has to save her kingdom from a self-centered King Magnifico, voiced by Chris Pine.

With the early release of some of the songs in the movie, It’s no surprise that people are skeptical and upset. The one with the most attention being King Magnifico’s song, “This Is The Thanks I Get?!”

People are concerned with the contents, comparing them to AI. The song has been noted to sound uninspired and “millennial.” The younger masses online say that the song was “written for pet parents” and “made for older people to make fun of their kids too.”

Another touchy subject for the movie is its animation style. It’s claimed to be a mix of 2D and 3D but people think it looks sloppy and undone. Social media comments that movies like The Mitchells vs. The Machines (2021) and Klaus (2019) have both done better blends of the two styles.