The Student News Site of Findlay High School

Blue & Gold

Breaking News

Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

Rolling into our winter sports

The weather is getting colder so you know what that means, it is time for the winter sports that everybody has been waiting for all year. We got wrestling, basketball, cheer, gymnastics and swim/dive. They have a busy winter season ahead of us and we know how excited parents and athletes are for this upcoming season.

“I’m excited for this season! I think we have a lot of potential as a team especially since we had a little experience, but now we can jump into new stuff instead of spending so much time learning basics like we had to last year” Senior Emmy Caton said.

With the winter season just around the corner, you’ll never be bored because there will be a game almost every day. There will be so much excitement with each and every sport, with many wins and hopefully few losses.

“I’m really excited about this season and I’m hoping to have a very positive and fun senior year. I think the team is going to be very solid due to the amount of recruitment since last year’s season” Senior Liv Laird said.

The Girls Wrestling team is very passionate and very hard working to become better,stronger, and to keep improving. Swim/Dive is a very creative sport and can be very challenging with trying to get a perfect score and to try not to get hurt or trying not to hit the water the wrong way.

Here is advice from senior Liv Laird from the swim/dive team and advice from senior Emmy Caton from the girls wrestling team! Both of them are still new to these teams/sports but absolutely love it and work very hard to get to where they are.

“Advice I would give to anyone who is on the fence about joining the team is to just do it. It is so much fun and you will gain so many friendships throughout the season” Senior Liv Laird said.

As for the class of 2024, they are the biggest class we have and so this year/season will be memorable for many people. It’s hard to see athletes come and go and for being a big class, very many of them will be leaving Findlay High School. But will leave with many goals that have been accomplished.

“ Advice I would give somebody trying out is to just come out and do it. For me I was so worried about being bad and teammates being frustrated with me but that’s not how it is at all. It’s going to be hard and you’re going to have to work but it is so worth it. It is a lot of fun and the girls on the team are really welcoming to new girls. Everyone has their own goals but we also want to succeed as a team. Just work hard and persevere because it is not going to be easy but it’s so rewarding when it finally clicks” Senior Emmy Caton said.