The Student News Site of Findlay High School

Blue & Gold

Breaking News

Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

Olivia Rodrigo Guts Review

“GUTS” by Olivia Rodrigo came out September 8, 2023 with 12 new songs. Dividing her time between a moody piano feel and punk rock. Rodrigo just recently won video of the year, song of the year, best pop, best cinematic photography, and best editing all for her song “vampire” on GUTS.

“I like it alot, I’ve just been contemplating between GUTS and SOUR, and which is the better album. I’m not really sure because SOUR is heartbreak, your going through it but guts is anger. At the end of the day GUTS is a really good album. I like the edginess and coolness, [and] also the rock aspect,” sophomore Maggie Bramel said.

Maggie points out the comparison between GUTS and SOUR. Earlier this week GUTS recently surpassed SOUR making it her biggest album debut in the US. GUTS by Olivia odrigo debuts at #1 on the Billboard 200 This makes “GUTS” Rodrigo’s second #1 album.

“It’s very GUTS-Y, it’s way more different than SOUR. It is very angsty and teenage heartbreak, while GUTS is giving grown women and I love it. So GUTS, my favorite song is “making the bed” but “getting back.” would be a close second. But the ballad of a homeschooled girl” does not get enough attention.” sophomore DJ Barilla said.

DJ says his favorite song off GUTS is “making the bed.” This song is a very moody ballad that represents how her life changed after SOUR and how crazy and different that made her life. She quotes “Sometimes I feel like I don’t wanna be where I am Countin’ all of the beautiful things I regret, But it’s me who’s been makin’ the bed.” Olivia talks about how her perspective changed after sour and how she “has to be grateful. So many people would love to be in this position.’ But you still have to acknowledge trauma.”

“My favorite song on Olivia Rodrigo’s new album is ‘bad Idea right’. I really like this song becauseI love pop-rock and I think she nailed it,” Sophomore Jalyn continued.

Olivia rodrigo is also in concert. Rodrigo just announced a “GUTS world tour.” Presale tickets are available September 21st. Olivia also says she is adding more dates and countries coming up. Ticket pricing is estimated at $49.50-$199.50 and VIP packages will also be included.