The Student News Site of Findlay High School

Blue & Gold

Breaking News

Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

Canes vs. Chick-fil-A

Picture taken by Sydney Ruttmann
My mother so it’s definitely copy right free (Jerry)

Raising Canes and Chick-fil-A are two of the most popular chicken joints in America. Both fast food restaurants deliver their famous chicken and crafted signature sauce. Even though both restaurants have their own qualities, can people determine which chicken restaurant is superior?

Chick fil was founded in May of 1946 by S. Truett Cathy, while Canes was founded later in 1996 by Todd Graves and Craig Silvey. Each of these founders all were to seek the ultimate goal, to serve quality food and assistance to consumers.

“In my opinion Chick fil a is better, Raising Canes is overhyped and overpriced,” sophomore Addie Sprang stated.

Chick-fil-A seems to be preferred through the FHS student body.

“In my opinion I think Chick-fil-A Is better because there’s more options,” sophomore Skylar Johnson stated.

Although Chick-fil-A does have a wider variety of menu items, is the chicken better of quality in comparison to Canes?

“Canes have better quality of chicken, Chick-fil-A is too greasy,” sophomore Gavin Wells stated.

Another thing Canes and Chick fil have in common is the fact they both have their own signature sauce. Chick-fil-A sauce is made from a mixture of barbecue sauce, ranch dressing, and honey mustard. The sauces combine to give it the smoky, tangy, rich flavor according to tastingtable.com. Canes themselves characterized Canes sauce as tangy with a little bit of spice.

“Chick-fil-A is better because their sauce is more sweet than tangy and compliments the chicken and fries well,” sophomore Ryan Boes stated.

All in all, Chick-fil-A and Canes are two of the most popular chicken places in America. People around FHS have given different feedback as to which place is truly better when it comes to quality of food. Yet, both places continue to deliver good quality chicken for everyone to enjoy.