Spring Fine Arts Events

Holly Spitler, Staff Editor

With the school year winding down, the arts programs certainly are not!

As we head into the fourth quarter, not only preparing for state testing, but for competitions and performances all around in the fine arts programs, the excitement and energy at Findlay High School could not be any higher. 

Starting off the month of April, Findlay Indoor Drumline will be traveling to Wapokeneta on April 3 to compete at OIPA State, performing their show Forbidden Love: A Greek Tragedy. The indoor drumline has been hard at work since late November putting together this show that tells the love story of the God of the Underworld, Hades, and the Goddess of Spring, Persephone.

All of FIDL at OIPA State. (Paige Rosslet)

“It’s been wonderful watching the students’ hard work pay off,” Findlay Indoor Drumline Director Dani Saunders commented about the show coming together. “The puzzle pieces are falling into place and painting a really beautiful picture.” 

The following weekend of April 8, the musical will be performing all weekend long. Be sure to grab a ticket online or at the door to see how it all comes together in Damn Yankees

For more information on the musical, please check out the feature all about it; “Would You Sell Your Soul to the Devil for a Chance in the Big Leagues?”.

Damn Yankees Cast

During spring break, the Findlay Trojan Marching Band will be traveling to Florida on April 13 through the 18. They will be visiting Disney World and have the chance to experience what it is like to play for a movie’s soundtrack, as well as march in a parade through the park.

To continue the busy season of spring that is pushing us to the end of the school year, both Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Choir have earned their spots at OMEA State, which will be held here at FHS on April 29 and 30.

FFE and VIP’s Cabaret kicks off the month of May on the 6 and 7. After attending nationals and placing 4th, FFE has been at work putting together this musical masterpiece that is fun and exciting for everyone involved. 

FFE performs at the Grand Ole Opry for nationals (Findlay High School)

“I am so excited for Cabaret because it gives me a final opportunity to do something that I’m really passionate about before leaving for college,” senior Emily Alic said. 

Finally, the spring choir, band, and orchestra concerts will take place on May 16, 17, and 18. 

The busy atmosphere of the end of the school year is something to be excited about and look forward to, as months of hard work and dedication have gone in for all of these groups to be performing and competing, and finally showcasing what they have accomplished overall. 

Be sure to support our fine arts programs and attend at least one of these amazing events.