The Student News Site of Findlay High School

Blue & Gold

Breaking News

Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

Priscilla Movie

On October 27, 2023 the movie “Priscilla” was released, which shows her side of the relationship with Elvis Presley. Staring Jacob Elordi and Cailee Spaeny, this movie explores more of the twos personal life rather so much just about Elvis and his career and life.

Elvis had been in many movies and even had a few made about him however, it is all in Elvis or someone else’s view and not Priscilla. The movie goes over things some may have never known about like how Elvis’s friends had basically been sent out to find girls for Elvis while he was deployed.

To some the movie feels more real and authentic rather than the 2022 “Elvis”. This could be alluded to the fact that it is entirely from Priscillas perspective from start to end. It covers her whole life from when she had met him to when she had left him.

The director, Sofia Coppolas, told the story in a very sophisticated way. The cinematography was a huge part in the movie, many thought the movie did a good job of displaying how she had gone so quickly from girlhood to almost being forced to grow up.