The Student News Site of Findlay High School

Blue & Gold

Breaking News

Blue & Gold

Blue & Gold

Did Drake lose the ‘dog’ in him?

On October 6, 2023 Drake’s new album “For All The Dogs” released with a runtime of 1 hr and 24 minutes. People are excited about all of the features, new songs, and the style of the album.

Based off of the Billboard Hot 100, “Slime You Out” is the most popular based off of statistics, charting at number 18. But on TikTok, the most popular seems to be “IDGAF ” featuring Yeat or “Virginia Beach”.

“My favorite song on ‘For All The Dogs’ is ‘Virginia Beach’ because he sampled Frank Ocean on it,” Sophomore Jalyn Dawson said.

“For All The Dogs” featured artists such as 21 Savage, J. Cole, Yeat, Chief Keef, Lil Yachty, and Bad Bunny. While some songs were upbeat, others were more mellow, like “Slime You Out” featuring SZA.

“I liked the features, they were pretty great. My favorite feature was definitely Yeat,” sophomore Maya Keyrouz said.

Most people would agree that this album is different from what Drake normally does. Majority of the songs are slower and use more instrumental moments. And some songs sound very familiar, while others sound brand new.

“Some of the songs remind me of his other albums, and then some of the songs sound like something I’ve never heard from Drake before,” freshman Madi Betts said.

Overall, this album was decent. Students here at FHS enjoyed the album and could see it win a few awards. Some songs were really enjoyed by students, while others were “mid.”

“I thought it was honestly mid, the only songs I liked were the one with SZA and the one with Yeat,” senior Jillian Doll said.