Netflix has been top dog, taking out the likes of Hollywood video and in most cases, tons of Blockbuster’s stand-alone stores. What had first started out as a DVD-by-mail program, but then quickly evolved into the ability to stream movies and shows, which is what many take advantage of now.
- Netflix has no commercials or ads are displayed
- There is no annual commitment.
- Subscribers have access to a massive catalog of films and TV shows available instantly.
- The service is available throughout North and South America and 40 countries.
- Customers have the option to add a separate DVD subscription.
In 2007 Hulu jumped into the scene, starting competition for Netflix. Hulu started as a free online video service that offered a selection of hit shows, movies and many more. Recently Hulu became Hulu Plus that offers more content over the free version.
- Hulu Plus offers premium subscribers 42,000 episodes of 1,600 TV shows.
- Many TV shows are available online the day after the premiere.
- Commercials, ads, and surveys are included in most paid programming.
- Hulu Plus content is only available to Internet customers in the United States and Japan.
Winner? It’s for you to decide. Both are so easy to operate. Sign up online, create an account and your ready to start watching your favorite movies and TV shows. Plans are starting a $7.99 a month after your free trial!